The Climate Fresk / Das Klima Puzzle
Join us for our interactive workshop to boost your climate literacy and connect with new people!
- an educational tool (“Serious Game”)
- an NGO based in France
- and an international volunteer movement.
Our tool is a trigger for transformation and empowers participants to become informed and engaged advocats for a sustainable future.
That’s how the game works:
The workshop is based on a 42-card game. Each card represents an element, a cause or a consequence of climate change. As a team, guided by your facilitator, you are to find the cause-effect relationship between the different components of climate change. Collective intelligence will get you from one deck of cards to the next!
👉 On the agenda:
- A very brief history of The Climate Fresk (5min)
- Icebreaker (10 min)
- Building the Climate Fresk (90 min)
- Letting it sink (15 min)
- Sharing and solution-oriented discussion (60 min)
Duration: (absolutely worthwhile) three hours
Costs: The workshop is for free. If you would like to support our local community, you can donate a little something in the end. (No pressure though). Every cent would go right into the project, e.g. paying the rent for the lovely room where the workshops takes place.
COVID-19: 3-G rule applies. (Vaccinated, tested or recovered.) Thank you!
Language: English and/or German.
Location: We are waiting for you in the Commonroom in Florianigasse 54, 1080 Vienna. It is a very special place: An open platform for artists, creatives, children and adults. We come together to share our know-how and our passion for and through different creative mediums.
(It is also a café! You can order yummy food and drinks!)
The Climate Fresk – A sneak peek:
- Based on the UN backed and Nobel Peace Prize award winning IPCC report, it explains how the climate functions and the consequences of its disruption. It gives the opportunity to learn a lot in a very short period of time and addresses both novices and experts.
- Feeling inspired and empowered, many participants become facilitators themselves and that’s how a worldwide community emerged. Today, we have local Climate Fresk Hubs in 45 countries and have translated the workshop into 26 languages.
- The Vienna-based offspring is called: Das Klima Puzzle. (Reach out to us, if you’d like to participate in the German version of the workshop!)